IKLAN NUFFNANG

Thursday, March 13, 2014

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN



Assalamualaikum...
Hi everyone! Hope you're in a good mood! Always be happy and try to force to be happy! or else pretend to be happy...huh can you?

Do you still remember the poem when we were in a secondary school long time ago. I think it is form four poem in English literature if I'm not mistaken. This is the poem that I like the most . It gives me a lesson and it is really significant to my life! It sounds....

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth

Then look the other, as just as fair
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood, 
and I took the one less traveled by
And that has made all the difference



I dont mean to define every single word of this poem and also not to describe what is all about since we have learnt this before. Go back to your school! hehe

What does attract me is the leasson it gives...it seeps into my heart,,fuh!

Do you realize, the importance of taking a rare decision in our life? How do you realize that and how do you implement it in our life?

I still remember when I was form four in Kolej Islam, I did participate in a choral speaking competition represented my school. At that time, we were the only group where all boys! A bit proud..hehe =)

So, to make it short, our first text of choral speaking (we created by our own) had been rejected by teachers. Maybe it's too simple and childish! So, the teacher gave us a new text which was too long and too difficult to present. Everybody showed a sour face to express their feeling. We disagreed actually but we got no choice..the competition was less than one week to go to prepare everything! But the most memorable word I remember when  our teacher said, there's something good beyond every difficulty.

Finally, we managed to present our performance excellently with an ovation from the audience. Eventhough we did not win, we managed to attract the audience attention by our Titanic Song in the middle of the script. Our group was quite unique, the only boys so called Islamic (Sekolah agama) performed choral speaking...can you imagine that? At last, out teacher congratulated us and treated us with ice-cream...haha.

In reality, we should train ourselve taking a decision which normal people won't. Try to make a difference.

I have made a decision for not being employed eventhough I have a degree and master. I have burnt my bridge so I cannot turn back! I do what I believe. I don't want to do what common people do. This is just an example...I'm not opposing anyone. People do something by their own reason I believe.

What makes us different from others is a principle. Don't break your principle. The powerful strength comes from within. We got our giant in our body...summon it!

Last but not least, no matter what we do...believe me we are actually seeking for a happiness. We're moving towards happiness. The only is that the happiness depends on how you define it.

Good luck in your life!


1 comment :

  1. Assalamu'alaikum

    Thanks for sharing..
    The Road Not Taken is all about making a 'final decision'. Once the final decision has been made, just carry on, move forward and don’t look back... A wonderful poem..

    In life, we would not know 100% certainty that our decision is correct because we can’t predict the future. What we probably can do, (1) is try everything possible to consider the problems, needs, risks, (2) doa like doa solat istikharah, (3) make the final choice and then (4) tawakal… That’s the beauty of Islam.

    After decision, don’t worry about ‘what ifs’ and don’t look back any more. Trust yourself. Every choice have been made is the best.

    Yeah, successful person do differently..

    Actually, happiness is a choice too..In life, happy and unhappy, we still have to move on.. Why don't we choose to be happy right? :-D .. I love peaceful life ;-P, that is my happiness

    ReplyDelete